I am excited, thrilled and honored to receive these two very special awards from fellow bloggers. I received the first one, The Versatile Blogger, from Melissa at thehungryartist. Her blog features inviting foods and desserts, and beautiful photographs. Her Rich Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting is on my “will bake soon” list! Thank you, so very much, Melissa, for sharing this award with me, and please accept my apology for the delay in posting this.
I received the Beautiful Blogger Award from at350degrees. You will find many inspiring recipes for delicious desserts there, and I’m certain that her Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies will appear on my Christmas Cookie tray this year. (I cannot believe that this young lady is still in high school. Her blog and her baked goods are lovely.)
Here are the award rules:
- Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
So, here are 7 facts about me:
1. I provide care for teachers’ children by day, and I bake, sew, knit, crochet and blog by night. Since the teachers are off for the summer, I am too. (woo-hoo!)
2. I love all things retro…especially stuff from the 50’s.
3. I collect Christmas Tree pins, old and new, and have nearly 200 of them hanging on my dining room wall in two beautiful frames.
4. I’d much rather bake than cook.
5. My Canon Rebel t2i is one of the BEST gifts I have EVER received. (If you’re my friend, you know “the story”)
6. I pretend to be humble when people oooh and aaaah over my cookies, but I really love the feedback.
7. I have a huge crush on Toby Keith.
And 7 bloggers you should check out:
Special thanks to all who take the time to read and comment on this blog…you make my heart sing 😉